RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business

September 15th, 2009, 06:53 AM
chrisits

Does anyone use Google AdWords to promote their business online? Has it worked for you?

October 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM
nattivillin

We use it, cant really see the benefit yet. We only started 6 months ago. Either we don't spend as much, or we haven't figured out how to target our potential customers.

October 12th, 2009, 01:26 PM
chrisits

Thanks nattivillin.

Same here. We set up a campaign with about 50 or 60 different keywords, set bids, designed ads etc. - without too much success. Still trying though.

October 29th, 2009, 08:10 AM
nattivillin

Seems like it will cost us more then we anticipated. More results to come.

September 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
cullumtech

I setup a test campaign for about 4 months or so, most SEO or Google Adwords help forums suggest a longer run though. They do say start out small with your amounts and work your way up, or it's really easy to go broke. Boy is it, I setup a Mobile Campaign, where if you searched on Google maps in iOS or Android my company would show up. You are looking at 15-20+$ per click through on mobile. My office (home) mostly got random people calling about if we bought used or broken phones/pcs/crap. I suspended the campaign and those calls stopped. I will say however I did receive a few legitimate calls and questions, but nothing lead to business to cover the costs of the campaign. It was costing me about 200$ a month so I suspended the campaign and decided to use that money for better things like paying for CommitCRM, business cards and gas. :) I will revisit later.

September 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM
nattivillin

We also find the most calls are to see if we buy old broke crap.

We are up to spending about $300 a month on adwords. It brings in some calls, no more or less than any other marketing vehicle.

The real benefit i see is that it seems to help your organic search placement. I don't think We will go above $300 a month though.

We started throwing $100 or so a month at bing, with mixed results.

September 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
-David-

I set up an account for only €50 a month, i seen a definate increase in traffic and customers. up until now it has proven the best and most cost effective.

I set it up only to around 25km from my business so i dont waste money

September 14th, 2012, 01:19 PM
nattivillin

We have 2 retail stores so we probably spend more.