RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 25th, 2011, 04:56 PM
wsandwith

Is there any way to turn off the alert server for specific customers?

The only way I see it so far is to remove the customers email address from thier contact details, this is not so good when I need the email to communicate with them on other issues.

Any ideas anyone, and if not then this would be a very nice feature to have an off/on switch for alerts in each account details page right by the email address.

Cheers!

Wendell

August 26th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Hi Wendell,

The way to disable it at the customer level is just like you described.
In some cases it may not be ideal... we have a request for this on file already. I've just added you vote.

Thanks,
Sheli

August 26th, 2011, 04:42 PM
wsandwith

So if I have no email on record for the client will my email connector still route the support emails emails to the correct client?

August 27th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Support Team

You should use secondary contacts for this, this way the email address will be identified.
By the way, the Auto-Response with the new Ticket details etc. will still be sent to the customer. This is an Email Connector feature, not the Alerts Server one.

August 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
wsandwith

Ok, so I will ask the same question about the email connector, is there a way I can filter out which customers recieve the emails? and if not then maybe some way to manually filter them out in the future?

Cheers!
Wendell

August 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Support Team

The Email Connector automatically converts and email sent from a customer into a service Ticket in RangerMSP.
Once a Ticket is created, and in case the auto-response feature is enabled, the Sender receives and automated email reply confirming that their email has been received and that a service ticket has been opened (together with the Ticket number).
In case you enabled the auto-response feature it will always work to everyone that sent and email that has been converted into a new service Ticket.

Hope this helps.

September 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
wsandwith

Hmmmm, I guess I will recommend this as feature then.

Cheers!

January 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
econtrere

Any update on this? I would really like to control which customers receive automatic alerts.

January 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Support Team

There aren't news on this at this stage. Thanks for asking.

June 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
ChrisW

Is there an update on this yet? I too would like to control which customers receive automatic alerts.

Chris W.

June 5th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Yes, this new option will be included in our coming release. It will enter beta very soon and it is a free upgrade to anyone that purchases RangerMSP these days.

HTH

June 18th, 2012, 09:16 PM
BDTECHRob

Do you have a planed release date for the next version?

June 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Support Team

As announced in this thread the new version is already in Beta and once all reported issues will be evaluated to resolved it will be officially announced, probably within a few weeks. You are welcome to apply and participate in the Beta.

Edit: The ability to disable email alerts by the Alerts Server for a specific account has been included in version 6.1 of RangerMSP.