RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 1st, 2014, 07:55 AM
jbaker

Can you create a column that displays date created/date modified? I'm a recently hired acct manager and I want to sift through some of the existing accounts, and be able to quickly see the new ones I've created. I can see that information if I click on them individually (time consuming), but I need a sort feature that organizes them by date.

April 1st, 2014, 08:26 AM
Support Team

Sure. If you right-click in the Account list you can select Table Options > Add/Remove Column > Creation Date then that column will appear in the table and you can click the column title to change the sort order. You can also click and drag the column to move it right/left in the table.

Hope this helps.

July 5th, 2017, 10:57 AM
tfreitas

Is there anything like this for Tickets? All of our tickets default to oldest ticket first and we are accustom to seeing the newest ticket at the top not the bottom. I tried to apply this methodology, but while I see the Sort By option there is no way to tell it ascending | descending for the sort direction.

July 5th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Support Team

​Default is ascending grouped by priority, e.g. high priority tickets are listed first, sorted by from one waiting the most for resolution (on top) to newest, ​then to standard priority ticket, same sort order, etc. You can also use column title and click them to re-sort. Clicking the Ticket# column will sort by it and you can select to sort from newest to oldest or otherwise.

Hope this helps.

July 5th, 2017, 02:35 PM
tfreitas

Ya we figured this out, but seems inconsistent as the Inbox is sorted Descending which we are accustom. Just thought it was odd. Also when you use the Column solution, it resorts them and puts you at the bottom of the list since when you go into say [Open] tickets the system automatically selects the 1st ticket. Then you click once on Open: Days which put them in oldest -> newest, so you have to click on the column again to get newest -> oldest however you now at the bottom of the list so you have to now scroll all the way up to the top to get see the newest ticket. Just seems like allot of work just to get tickets to be sorted correctly for us.

July 6th, 2017, 06:06 AM
Support Team

The Inbox is sorted in another way - by 'Last External Activity' column and this refers to the date/time an external activity affected the Ticket (e.g. the customer edited it in the Web portal, the customer sent in an email reply, etc.). As its name implies it is Inbox and its default sorting as explained above reflects this.

At this time you cannot change the default sorting option for Tickets to reflect that one of the Inbox, or in general to default to newest to oldest, though you can change that, if needed, once the list is displayed. In any case, we will take a note on your feedback here, thanks!

Please note that you can use the keyboard to quickly navigate the list, for example CTRL+Home / CTRL+End will take you to the top/end of the list.

Hope this helps.