RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 20th, 2009, 08:30 AM
issltd

Is it possible to run the Web Interface Service on a computer other than on the computer the CommitCRM database is stored?

I am thinking of a scenario with the Web Interface running on a computer, or virtual machine, running in a DMZ and the other CommitCRM services and data running on a computer on the LAN.

Thanks,

Howard

October 20th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Support Team

Hi Howard,

Thanks for posting this.

We don't officially support installation of the RangerMSP services on different servers than the RangerMSP server (although this may be technically possible). We suggest running them off the RangerMSP server, and if you'd like your users to log in from a different web server, you can alternatively embed the Web Interface Login page into a general web server.

For more information on this topic, please click here.

You may also need to define port forwarding rules on your firewall in order to allow access from the outside to the internal server.

I hope this helps

Reno Breen

October 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM
issltd

Hi Reno,

My interest in this is really security related in that I would prefer to keep the part of CommitCRM accessible from the Internet separate from the data itself, as much as possible, or whatever else may be stored on the system running CommitCRM Server.

That being said, I don't believe in straying too far away from a vendor’s supported configuration so I will try to satisfy my Windows paranoia :-) by using a Reverse Proxy (Squid or Apache) so there is a layer between CommitCRM and the Internet. Also, I may create some firewall rules only allowing access to the web server from my main clients.

Thanks for your reply,

Howard

October 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Support Team

Sounds like a plan :-)