RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

July 1st, 2019, 08:15 AM
keiermann

When trying to schedule a customer report for the "contract" category, the option I select "last 30 days" produces no results.
When I choose "last 12 months", or "all time", I receive reports for the different contracts for the clients I have chosen.
I'm not sure what the problem is, as I would think a blank report would generate for the clients even if no activity within the last 30 days.

If you need more information please let me know, I have also tried for the same client, the option "last quarter" and receive nothing as well.

The only time I receive a report is with "last 12 months" or "all time".

Thank you for your help.

Kendra

July 1st, 2019, 10:18 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking.

While scheduling the Contract reports, the date parameters refers to the Contract Start or End date fields - depending on the selected filtering criteria.

It is possible that there are no Contracts with Start Date or End Date that fall within the last 30 days.

You can also email us a screenshot of the report settings so we will better understand what you refer to.

Hope this helps.

July 1st, 2019, 10:20 AM
keiermann

Ok, thanks, I understand.

July 15th, 2019, 08:30 AM
keiermann

Can you please direct me on how to schedule reports for our clients to reflect activity on contracts for the "last 30 days". I understand the start date refers to the contract start date, but we would like to schedule reports that show activity for last 30 days for contracts.
Thank you for your help.

July 15th, 2019, 08:31 AM
keiermann

Update on above question, we want to show charges to contracts for last 30 days.

July 15th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

You should schedule one of the Charges reports, for example, Detailed Account Charges by Contracts report and define the filtering criteria to include Charges for the last 30 days as shown on the screenshots below.

In case you need such report to be automatically emailed to the customers every month, you should schedule the report using the option Schedule this report for Customers under the Reports menu and then subscribe the customer/s to this scheduled report under the Scheduled Reports tab under their Account as explained in this article.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

July 23rd, 2019, 09:33 AM
keiermann

I did schedule a report using the Detailed Account Charges by Contract and date using Last 30 Days. I subscribed 3 different clients to the report but only receive a report for one of the clients. All 3 clients do have charges within the last 30 days.
I am confused as to why one client showed results but the other 2 did not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

July 23rd, 2019, 10:25 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the update. Are these reports sent to customers? If so, there should be an audit under Account history tab with the PDFs that were emailed them - if they were emailed them.

Please note that if the query/filter configured for the report returns no records, the system does not email the customer. Empty reports are not automatically emailed.

In case the above does not help, please feel free to share your RangerMSP log files with us, we'll analyze them in our lab and try to see if anything related is reported there.

Hope this helps.

July 30th, 2019, 06:34 AM
keiermann

Thank you for your reply. These reports at this point are not being sent out to customers. I do not receive an empty report, nothing is generated.
Where or who should I send the log files to?

Thank you

July 30th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Support Team

Please zip the \RangerMSP\Logs and email it to support@...
In case the file is too large to be sent over email, please share it with us with DropBox/Drive/etc.

Please also send us the screenshot of the scheduled report settings.

July 30th, 2019, 07:13 AM
keiermann

Thanks, I will reach out to our network tech to zip the files.

July 30th, 2019, 11:15 AM
keiermann

I did receive reports today for the other accounts, so for now I will be reviewing and if any questions I will reach out.

Thank you