RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

October 28th, 2019, 06:11 AM
plankton

It takes 20 seconds for the printer to start printing our tickets. What is your printing time? Is 20 seconds normal?

Also, is there anyway we can print multiple tickets at the same time?

Thank you

October 28th, 2019, 07:17 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

You can print multiple Tickets at the same time using Ticket Reports, unlike selecting to print each Ticket individually.

Any of the Ticket forms you use from the Tickets window can be printed as a report with multiple tickets. You simply define the filter to include the Tickets you want and they'll get printed at once.
As for slow printing of single tickets - in general printing a single Ticket should work pretty fast. It may depend on the image logo size, if used.*In case you use a customized report for printing Tickets, please test with the system one and see how it works for you.
Also in case you've embedded your logo file - make sure it is optimized for this size unlike a 4MB file where a 200kb one is usually sufficient for this spaces usually consume on paper.

Hope this helps.

October 29th, 2019, 03:38 AM
plankton

Thank you very much. It was not the logo but something else. I copied the original ticket design and started removing fields and suddenly the tickets now take less than a second to reach the printer.
On the ticket service form, is it possible to show the parts next to the Products/Parts?
I have tried many things but cannot get the new parts to show on the printed copy.
On my data tree I only have DatRDp, DatRAssetDp, DatRLabelsDP and DatDgSignDp.
Thank you

October 29th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Great! Thank you for the update.

In order to print the Ticket details with parts logged under the Ticket, you should use any of the 'Technician Service From including Charges...' reports that are available under the Reports window - the Charges category.
Please note that using this form will print any Charges logged under the Ticket.

Hope this helps.

October 30th, 2019, 04:13 AM
plankton

Thanks a million again. Exactly what I was looking for! Just one last question, is there anyway I can customise the 'Technician Service From including Charges...'
When I go to Reports and select Tickets the 'Technician Service From including Charges...' does not show up on the list.

October 30th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Support Team

You are welcome! Yes, you can customize this report - It is listed under the Charges reporting category.

Hope this helps.

October 30th, 2019, 09:00 AM
plankton

great! I see that what holds the data for the parts, price, etc...is in SubReport1: DatRSlipsDp.

Is it possible to edit what this field shows? For example, I dont want the price of my items to show up on the tickets/forms. Where can we edit these?

Thank you

October 30th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Support Team

You are welcome!
In order to edit the subreport, you should click on 'Subreport' tab at the report bottom.

October 31st, 2019, 01:24 AM
plankton

Thank you very much for all your assistance. All working now.