RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 17th, 2008, 11:41 AM
rodder

I am trying to setup my existing Quickbooks 08 andCommitCRM. I just did the Import New Records/ Update Linked Records, and now in CommitCRM i have duplicates of all my clients. What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it? And what is the best way to setup quickbooks with Commit

April 17th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Support Team

Hi rodder,

When you move to QB 2008 you can choose to continue working with the same company file (which is the recommended way when using the RangerMSP-QuickBooks Link), or start working with a completely new company file.

In case you start with a new company file, this means all the records in QB are new and you should first link all the existing Accounts in RangerMSP with existing Contacts in QuickBooks to avoid duplicates. After you link all existing records, you can perform the import again. This way existing records will be updated rather than duplicated.

If you need any further technical assistance with this, please contact us directly at Support @ and we will be able to provide specific assistance.

HTH

Eitan

April 17th, 2008, 02:58 PM
rodder

I got that all fixed, now when i do an invoice through commit, and send it to quickbooks, can it print out with the labor the time that i was there. In CommitCRM when I put in a charge for service, i put in the exact time i was there ex 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM. Can it show that on the invoice show the client knows exactly when i was there? Maybe even the date to?

Mike

April 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
rodder

Also another thing, if I change the email account for a client in commit, how can i get that change over to quickbooks? Thanks

Mike

April 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Support Team

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you got that all fixed.

As for the date and time of the Charge - Yes, you can add the date and time to the Charge invoice line. You can either add it to the invoice from the Invoice creation wizard (Incl. in Description menu) or as default for all invoices from Tools > Options > QuiockBooks > Invoice Lines Content (tick the Date box).

You can update Account information from RangerMSP into QuickBooks by sleecting the Account and using the QB icon menu (in the tool bar), select Update Linked QuickBooks Record with RangerMSP Account Data.

You can find more information on the various options in the RangerMSP-QuickBooks Link user manual under Using the RangerMSP QuickBooks Link.

HTH

Eitan

April 17th, 2008, 03:46 PM
rodder

Thanks for you help, i appreciate it. A few more things,

"You can update Account information from CommitCRM into QuickBooks by sleecting the Account and using the QB icon menu (in the tool bar), select Update Linked QuickBooks Record with CommitCRM Account Data."

To update the change I made in the account from CommitCRM to Quickbooks is grayed out, How can I do it?

Also if through CommitCRM I do an invoice for a customer and send it to quickbooks, but then need to change the invoice prices, how can I do this through CommitCRM?

Thanks again for all the help.

Mike

April 17th, 2008, 03:53 PM
rodder

Also if i go into charges and look at the charges under Item (Labor) it shows "SVC-100 - SVC-100"

That is the code that I use in quickbooks and CommitCRM for labor, but why does it place it in 2 times, it should just show SVC-100 How can I fix that?

Mike

April 18th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Support Team

Hi Mike,

1. The QB menu includes a few options which are automatically enabled/disabled depending if the account is already linked to a QuickBooks Account or not. Make sure you view the "Update Linked QuickBooks Record with RangerMSP Account Data", which should be the first option in the menu (the other options are the other way around - update from QB to RangerMSP), and that you are working with an Account which is already linked to the QB customer record.

2. The Items list which is displayed in Charges window shows "Item Code - Item Name" for easier identification of the item. I believe that your items contain the same name and code and that is why it seems duplicate. This may be the case when you import the items from QuickBooks, and you do not have a separate field for code and name.

HTH

Neta

April 18th, 2008, 11:09 AM
rodder

"1. The QB menu includes a few options which are automatically enabled/disabled depending if the account is already linked to a QuickBooks Account or not. Make sure you view the "Update Linked QuickBooks Record with CommitCRM Account Data", which should be the first option in the menu (the other options are the other way around - update from QB to Commit), and that you are working with an Account which is already linked to the QB customer record."

Yes the account I am trying to update is linked over to Quickbooks. But that option is still grayed out. I know it is linked to quickbooks becuase I send Invoices from CommitCRM to quickbooks for that Account.

April 18th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Support Team

I checked this further and as far as we can tell, if the option is grayed out this means the account is not linked to QuickBooks (you can also see that the other options in the menu are relevant to non-linked accounts). Since this account should be linked, I suspect this is some specific issue, and we would like to investigate this more.

Please send us a screenshot of the QuickBooks menu with the grayed-out option (directly to Support @ , since the forum does not support uploading files), and we will try to understand more from the options you see there.

Neta