RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
novacomputersolutions

When I am doing my charges for a client account as part of a ticket, I often sell them hardware that is qualified to be an Asset. Would it be possible to have an option of selecting a box or drop-down to indicate that the purchased item is an asset. It would be great if, at that point, we could be prompted to enter additional information about the item so the asset records are kept more current.

As an example:

I am working on a ticket for Mr. X and it's determined that his switch is bad. I replace the switch with a new one and charge him for it.

Under the current setup, I would have to go into a seperate area and create an asset record providing more information about this new asset.

My Preferred method:

I am working on a ticket for Mr. X and it's determinded that his switch is bad. I replace the switch and while creating the 'charge' for the switch, I am able to select a box/drop-down to indicate that the switch is an asset. Afterwards, I am prompted to enter the serial number of the asset and any other information the form is setup to require before accepting the item as an asset.

I hope all that makes sense. :-)

March 17th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Support Team

Yes, creating an Asset based on a Charge sure makes sense. Good news on that - in our coming release (version 4.3), we provide a solution for this. You will now be able to create an Asset out of a Charge record. This will be available from the Charge window > Charge menu > New Asset from Charge. This will automatically link the New Asset to the Account, copy the item (Charge) description and more.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

April 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Support Team

FYI - version 4.3 was released with the ability to create an Asset out of a Charge record.

This is available from the Charge window > Charge menu > New Asset from Charge. This automatically links the New Asset to the Account, copies the item (Charge) description and more. This is relevant mainly for Parts charges, but can be used with others as well.

Enjoy!

Sherry