RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP Alerts Server Module, which was introduced with version 4.3, allows you to activate email notifications which will keep you updated on what's going on in your system. RangerMSP Alerts Server removes the need to constantly check your system's status, since it sends automatic notifications to your inbox. Alerts are triggered by various system events, such as new Tickets, updated Appointments, etc.

Examples of situations where RangerMSP Alerts Server will send alerts:
* An Appointment with a customer is postponed
* You have been assigned to handle a service Ticket
* An Invoice was created for a customer you are assigned to
* A service issue was resolved
* You have been assigned to handle a new Customer
* A Task was reassigned to someone else
* A service Ticket was closed and you need to generate an Invoice
* Your assignment to resolve a service Ticket has been removed
* The dispatcher scheduled a customer on-site visit for you

RangerMSP Email Alerts can be accessed almost anywhere via your mobile phone, PDA, iPhoneŽ, or any standard email application.

The RangerMSP Alerts Server helps you verify that your work flow is being implemented and that everyone is aware of their tasks. Every user can configure their Alert settings to set the cases in which they will receive alerts. A user's ability to configure their settings is determined by their role in each case. Possible roles include: Account Manager, Ticket Manager, Appointment Manager, and Task Manager.

Benefits
* Increase efficiency with automatic updates to technicians about new jobs or updated appointments
* Save costs by reducing the number of phone calls needed to update everyone since they are automatically informed by email
* Improve your service with technicians who will not miss tasks since they are always in the loop
* Increase customer satisfaction by providing faster responses to open issues

Frequently Asked Questions

What are RangerMSP Alerts Server System Requirements?
- RangerMSP software 4.3 or later
- RangerMSP Alerts Server module
- Windows 2000/2003/SBS 2003/Vista Business/XP Pro
- Connection to an SMTP mail server

Can I use RangerMSP Alerts Server if my company uses Microsoft ExchangeŽ server?
Yes, the RangerMSP Alerts Server sends email alerts using a standard SMTP mail server. MS Exchange Servers support SMTP, and therefore are compatible with RangerMSP Alerts Server.

Can I receive alerts for new Tickets assigned to me?
Yes, any user can configure the cases in which they will receive Alerts, according to their role. You can read more about this in the RangerMSP Alerts Server manual (found here).

Can I receive Alerts for completed Tickets, so that I can immediately bill the customer?
Yes, in addition to personal alerts, you can subscribe to receive alerts for any Ticket which has been opened or closed. You can read more about this in the RangerMSP Alerts Server Manual (found here).

Is it hard to set up RangerMSP Alerts Server?
RangerMSP Alerts Server is easy to setup, and can be up and running within minutes. All installation instructions are in the RangerMSP Alerts Server Setup Guide (found here).

Can I evaluate the RangerMSP Alerts Server module?
Yes, your trial installation of RangerMSP already includes a 30 day trial of RangerMSP Alerts Server add-on module. Follow the instructions in the RangerMSP Alerts Server Setup Guide (found here) to install the module.

Enjoy!

The RangerMSP Support Team