RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 6th, 2008, 01:27 PM
yllwldblly

I have an employee who is leaving the company. She currently has several hundred reoccurring tasks setup for herself under her username. Is there a quick way to migrate these tasks over to the employee that is replacing her?

May 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Support Team

Yes, when you have Tasks with many recurring instances, you can update the first instance for this task, and the system will automatically update all instances if this is what you want to do.

To do this, you should go to the Task, and update the Employee field.
When clicking OK, the system will ask you whether you want to update all of the recurring task instances. If you choose to do this, all future instances for this task will be automatically updated as well.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

May 6th, 2008, 02:28 PM
yllwldblly

Thank you for the reply. I think I was unclear in my question. I have several hundred separate tasks for different accounts we have. Each individual task is also a reoccurring task.

Here is my question: Is there any way that I can covert a group of several hundred individual tasks to a new employee at one time? I would rather not have to open each individual task in each account and change the Employee field.

May 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Support Team

In this case, you should go over the separate tasks and update the employee for each. As said, this should be done only once per recurring task.

HTH

Sherry