RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 20th, 2008, 11:26 AM
novacomputersolutions

How are other users handling the need to perform site support under a single ticket but still track that the support was performed on a number of different assets.

Example: We go onsite to perform routine maintenance at a site with five computers. We open one ticket for the work although there are five assets involved. How can I track that multiple assets received PM without creating a different ticket for each one?

March 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM
rkniffin

I've seen no easy way to do it. What would be nice would be some sort of a subticket related to each asset that needs to be linked to the ticket. Or allow charges to be linked to a given asset instead of the asset being linked at the ticket level.

March 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM
novacomputersolutions

I think I have an idea!

Create a 'Ticket/GROUP' scheme where you can create a type of ticket that relates to a defined set of assets. So, if I create a GROUP ticket, it would apply to everything within that group. A group can be defined as a group of PC's, Switches, or other items. A group could further include other groups.

In this case, if I've defined all of the PC's as part of the PC Group I could create one ticket, then select the Asset as and Asset Group. The history of everything in that group would reference the master-ticket in it's history.

Hope that makes sense.

March 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
Support Team

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback and the ideas. We definitely see the benefits in being able to attach a Ticket to more that a single Asset. We have this request on our list and it will be evaluated for future versions. As usual, we will do our best to find a simple solution which provides the best solution without adding complexity to the system.

Neta

April 22nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Vroukolakas

I have been working with the program on a test basis for the last few days and I am finding it very good.

However, today I decided to use a real life situation, I went to client's office this morning and perform a simple 1.5 hours worth of work but unfortunately it related to 5 asset items. Imagine my disappointment when I attempted to enter the ticket and tie their 5 asset items.

This would be a major issue for us. Never do we go to a client's office to work on one single asset (they would never pay us).

Even having the simple ability to tie multiple tickets into a single invoice would assist (not a solution by any means).

Does anyone have any suggestions how to work around this issue right now?

April 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Support Team

Thanks for the additional feedback - as mentioned, this is on our list and we will do our best to provide a solution as soon as we can.

At the moment, I can help with the invoice part - you can definitely tie multiple tickets a single invoice by creating the invoice for the Account or Contract, which will group all the relevant charges together.

You can do this by going to File > New > QuickBooks Invoice. This will open the invoice creation wizard which allows you to create the invoice for a Ticket, Contract or Account. It displays all relevant entities which have open balances (i.e. billable charges which have not been billed yet), and you can select which charges to include in the invoice. Each Charge will be represented as an invoice line. You can also do this from the Account window (QB icon), Contract window which will open the wizard with the relevant Account/Contract already selected.

Note that you can also generate Charge reports (from Reports window > Charges) for the Ticket, the Account or the Contract.

You can find some more helpful information on charges and invoicing in our Introduction to Charges and Billing user guide.

I hope this helps!

Doron

April 22nd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Vroukolakas

Thanks for the response.

I appreciate the added information regarding billing. This could be used as a temporary work around but I will be looking forward to this enhancement (hopefully in the near future).