RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 17th, 2023, 09:31 AM
g@gp4pc

Hi All
Just wondered how many of you are still paying for the Annual Coverage Plan?
As I have just had my renewal come through, I was thinking that there has not been any updates since my last renewal.
Does it cover me for anything else, other than updates?

December 18th, 2023, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. Sure, your annual coverage plan includes unlimited support by our team. Please feel free to contact us in case you have any questions or have a technical issue you wish to discuss. Thanks!

December 20th, 2023, 11:29 PM
HavenZone

I've been asking this for a while. No updates in over 14 months so last years support plan was a waste of money. They don't put out a road map so we don't even know if they are still working on it. All it is for is updates and support, and for the last year I guess its only support.

December 21st, 2023, 07:03 AM
Support Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we are surely working at higher pace than ever. We're expecting to share some updates in the new year. Thanks!

February 2nd, 2024, 03:18 PM
HavenZone

now over 15 months and still no updates and no announcements of what to expect. We have been using CommitCRM(RangerMSP) for over 10 years and I don't see renewing the service plan. We got absolutely nothing for it in over a year. We're still using an interface that looks very similar to how it did 10 years ago. There is no communication as to what is coming (if anything at all)... We are now exploring other options. Saying, "We're expecting to share some updates in the new year." leaves a possible 11 more months of no updates. Our renewal date is the first week of July. If there are not MAJOR updates after having two years of time to work on them, we will not be renewing.

February 5th, 2024, 07:17 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting and we appreciate your feedback and hear you. A lot is going on and we should be sharing more in the reasonably near future. Stay tuned. Thanks!

March 9th, 2024, 10:06 AM
HavenZone

Now over 16 months and still not a single word about upcoming releases... the only this I noticed was that it's been so long since an update that the latest update normally pinned to the top of the forum has been removed; I'm guessing to avoid showing how long its been since an update. This is seeming more and more like a dead product not being worked on anymore. But they are more than happy to collect an annual support plan. Our plan is up in June and without a MAJOR update we will not be renewing. One of my other posts questioning the lack of updates got pulled down by admin stating that it might deter new clients from purchasing... I'm surprised this thread is still up. A good way to prevent topics like this is to put out a road map and keep the current users updated instead of just saying info is coming ... trust us

March 11th, 2024, 07:01 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this and providing your feedback. We appreciate your input, acknowledge the criticism, and fully understand how this may be perceived from an external perspective. We take responsibility for the lack of communication. As mentioned earlier, substantial changes are currently in progress, and our team has been exceptionally active and motivated. Such new initiatives take time though, which is part of the reason why we haven't been vocal about them earlier. Nonetheless, we plan to share detailed information about the upcoming changes, at the latest, in early April. Stay tuned!

March 15th, 2024, 04:20 PM
trgteam

We check almost every day. That is definitely good news. The update is EXTREMELY appreciated. Thank you.

March 19th, 2024, 03:17 PM
dyntech

HavenZone, I share your frustration about the lack of updates. However I must say that even if the product is a little stale, it is at least a quality product. When/If you need support they are very responsive and provide accurate answers instead of the usual run around.

At the same time don't forgot they are in Isreal and I'm sure life has not been the same over there in the last 6 months.

I'm not defending the company just being real about the situation.

March 19th, 2024, 10:10 PM
HavenZone

"a little stale" is an understatement that has been for years. I keep hoping for some improvements but the last 3-4 "updates" have just been letdown after letdown. Still waiting for a good way to handle images in the records that doesn't look like an afterthought... or a reporting system that isn't worthless on a 4k monitor. I have to set my resolution down to 1080 just to make the reporting creator usable. Or just an interface that doesn't look like it was made for Windows 7... I have stuck with the company for years but their lack of communication has always been an issue. We are currently trialing another solution that looks promising, so if this update announcement isn't really impressive next month, we will be moving on.

March 22nd, 2024, 04:45 AM
Compbck

I have today received an email that payment for my support plan will be taken later this month. Several years ago I asked whether it was possible to make the PROBLEM/ISSUE and RESOLUTION panes to be made to work in a similar manner to that of Microsoft Word whereby using BOLD, ITALIC and UNDERLINE could be used in order to highlight a particular and important piece of text when required. Unfortunately, today none of the updates that I have installed have included my suggestion.

March 22nd, 2024, 11:41 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Text markup support has been added to knowledge base articles editing together with a few other options (e.g., inline images/photos). The feature request is clear and we may be adding support for it in the ticket description/resolution fields in the future. Thanks.

April 11th, 2024, 07:32 AM
Support Team

As promised, we've just shared an update with more details about the evolution of RangerMSP. You can find it here.