RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
lpopejoy

Is anyone else having the problem where, after CommitCRM is open for awhile, the report headers start getting "double spaced"? Like your company info takes up 3 inches in the top of the header, instead of the normal 1" or so? The problem is corrected by restarting CommitCRM, but... just trying to find a solution! No one else here is having the problem, only me, so I know it isn't a problem the the rtf header file.

July 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Mister-c

I had the same or similar problem a while back and it was resolved in this thread

July 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
lpopejoy

Yes, I did see that, but you actually had line breaks in your header file. I don't have that... Each line in my header gets double or triple spaced. ...but it's just on my computer, and only after CommitCRM has been open for serveral hours. No one else has the problem, and my problem is resolved by restartingCommitCRM. Not a huge deal, but just one of those things that starts driving you crazy after awhile!

August 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
swallservices

Mine has gotten so bad that now it just always does that :(

I'm having to slowly but surely modify each client-facing report I care about to hide the default header and manually add my own to the report. Time consuming pain in the a$$. And now that we've moved I have to go manually touch every report to change the address... :(

August 14th, 2011, 03:36 PM
lpopejoy

Good, I'm glad you are having the problem too... Well, at least I'm not the only one - misery loves company.

Just noticed last week that it is doing the same thing on one of the other computers in our office too...

Maybe we should collaborate to see if there are any similarities in our setups that could cause this problem...

I'm pretty sure if this info was saved in the database instead of a text file, we wouldn't be having this problem (so I guess there's another feauture request!).

August 14th, 2011, 04:33 PM
swallservices

Well I'm not sure if we'll find a solution as CommitCRM Support and I already tried to find one for awhile to no avail (obviously if I'm customizing reports :) but I'm more than willing to try! We can compare notes offline (my contact information is in my profile on this forum) and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Don't worry forum, we'll post any solution we come up with :)

Here is what I can tell you so far:

1. Making the RTF file it grabs the header from read-only doesn't help.
2. Erasing the RTF file and recreating outside of CommitCRM (using Wordpad, Word, etc.) doesn't help.
3. The web interface doesn't appear to be affected. If you generate the report from the web interface I've (so far) had 100% success in avoiding this problem.
4. I'm not certain I've ever noticed this problem on a workstation running Windows XP, but I can confirm it occurs on Windows Vista and Windows 7, both 32 bit and 64 bit.
5. My will to live was slightly diminished attempting to find the solution to this problem. I eventually gave up and worked around it so I could avoid any thoughts of suicide before they had a chance to occur. :)

December 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
lpopejoy

I'm still having this problem... I'm been living with it, but I'm bringing it up again hoping that someone, somewhere has found a solution. Commit, any chance this data could be pulled from the database instead of the RTF file? ...or maybe that's overkill for an issue that only one or two people are having. Just looking for some advice to see if there's something else I should be trying.

December 21st, 2012, 09:54 AM
Support Team

Please try this: With RangerMSP 6.0 and above you can select an image file to be used as the header for ALL reports, it works just like the textual header you were referring to except for the fact that you can include you logo etc.
Regardless of whether you want to include a graphical logo or not, you can create a very light weight image file with text only (and optionally your logo) and use it instead of a textual only header, this way you will actually "force" the spacing.

You can access it from Tools > Options > Reports tab.

HTH

December 21st, 2012, 10:14 AM
lpopejoy

Hey, that's a good idea. Done. That should fix it - if it doesn't then we've got bigger issues. lol

December 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
lpopejoy

...except that makes the print look slightly "blurry". Onscreen it looks sharp, but printed it doesn't. I'm thinking it must be because the printer has to render it as an image instead of text?

December 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Support Team

When an image of the right size is selected - e.g. when the system does not have to stretch/compress the image and the original size is the one used as-is, you should be able to get high quality printing with this approach.

December 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM
lpopejoy

I created a new document in paint... Made it the correct # of pixels as specified by the dialogue box on report options... Added my text and ended up with bad print quality. I don't know why it would have to shrink or stretch the image - but I can sed you the image file if you would like. It looks great on screen and crumby printed.

December 24th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Support Team

Please email us your image file for review..

September 3rd, 2013, 07:38 AM
computersolutions

When editing the column and rows are reversed. not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I have the same problem, has this been resolved?

September 3rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Support Team

We were not able to reproduce the problem, could you elaborate on the reversed columns you mention?