RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 23rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
BDTECHRob

HI Guys, is there a list of specific log errors I could monitor for in regards to the sync service for calendar syncing?
I constantly have it error on items saying users may already be syncing do I want to continue.
the issue is a pain as I run the sync directly from CommitCRM on our server and know one monitors this session so it may be hours before we realise that jobs aren't syncing to exchange correctly and techs are not getting to jobs as their calendars aren't updateing

June 24th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Support Team

Every synchronization is logged in the log files under \CommiCRM\Logs folder. However it will not be easy to see whether there were problems during the sync.

Assuming that you sync on the server with a single user for all users, I recommend that all users will turn OFF their personal auto-sync settings. Each user should log into RangerMSP and from the menu select Tools-> Synchronize Outlook-> Auto Sync-> OFF and then save these settings by selecting 'Save Auto Sync Settings' from the same menu.
This way chances of conflicts during the sync become rare.

June 24th, 2013, 06:16 AM
BDTECHRob

I already have sync turned off for all users however this issue still pops up a few times a day.
It would definitely nice to know which log file to check and what text string to search for then I can script an email alert for sync issues

June 24th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Support Team

No conflict is expected to occur in this case. Before moving forward with this please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to email us your RangerMSP log files with Outlook for analysis. Thanks.

June 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
BDTECHRob

Ok log files have been emailed