RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

July 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
bridgesint

Hi, I am currently unable to set up my Outgoing mail server settings.
I have tried
following

however, the test still shows:
Connecting to SMTP server...
< 220 office.blahblah.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Tue, 3 Jul 2012 20:43:56 +0800
RequestDone Rq=0 Error=0
> HELO commit@blahblah.com
< 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name
RequestDone Rq=1 Error=501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name
Error, Application Stopped

I have created a new connector, ensured that exchange and SMTP services are running.
I notice that the HELO is commit@blahblah.com instead of office.blahblah.com
Not sure if that's the cause.. anyone can help?

thanks!

July 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Support Team

It normally works well as per the instructions in the thread you referred to.
Do you try to connect using plain login or using a TLS/SLL one?

July 3rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
bridgesint

i used the TLS configuration, and i did not enable any authentication.

July 3rd, 2012, 07:20 AM
Support Team

Please try changing it to plain (no TLS) and see if that helps.

July 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
bridgesint

i don't have a plain config. In my Exchange 2007 (SBS-2008) SMTP connector settings shows only TLS, Basic, Exchange server authentication, Int. Windows authentication, Ext secured.

I unticked everything..
go to permission groups tab, maintain the tick on Exchange Servers...

and error persists... it seems like it's a domain name issue.
my exchange server admin guy mentioned to me that the HELO shouldn't be a something@blahblah.com..

I verified by putty-in to the server and he's right. i can't do a HELO with an email address. can i change that to blahblah.com instead of something@blahblah.com?

July 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Support Team

It is very uncommon and I would try the Basic option first. Let us know how it goes. We can help you with low level settings for what you asked about, but this is rarely required.

July 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
bridgesint

i tried with basic, and the error persists. do i need to enable authentication on the CommitCRM side of things?

in addition, does CommitCRM server service need to be running for this test to succeed?

July 3rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Support Team

The service does not need to run in order for the tests to succeed.
Yes, please give it a try with authentication - provide the user/credentials you set for the user in Exchange to the ServerConfig and test again. If this will not work we will provide you with the lower level setting options, though more confusing and are normally not required.

July 3rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
bridgesint

nope, its not working, i need the lower level setting options. hope to get it soon though.

July 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Support Team

This time the following settings will ONLY work with the Service (unlike ServerConfig tests). So while it is possible that tests will fail using ServerConfig it may work in real life (with the service that actually read the following settings).

Note: The following is rarely required. Please try this ONLY if nothing else worked.

First please set your preferred SMTP settings with authentication.

Restart the RangerMSPServer service once (assuming it is installed, if not please install it).

Edit the \RangerMSP\Server\CmtEmailDelivery.ini file and add the following two token/s (each in a separate step) at the end of the file :

SignOnKind=2
Restart RangerMSPServer service on your server and give it a try.
Note – this is a DIFFERENT token than LoginKind (it may be confusing with existing tokens).

Only in case the above did not work please try the following, one at a time:

SignOn=YourHostName

SignOnKind=1

NOTE: You should modify and change YourHostName with your mail server host name.

Then, restart RangerMSPServer service on your server and give it a try.

In case it still does not work, (1) modify the YourHostName token to your email address, restart the service again, run another test, in case it does not work try (2) putting in your domain name, restart the service, check the status.

I understand that all the above may be a little confusing at first. Just please remember to save the file each time and restart the RangerMSPServer service for the new settings to affect.

HTH

July 3rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
bridgesint

ok..here is the verdict...

restart the service
i went to the .ini file, add the line as requested, put in the line SignOnKind=2
saved, then re-run the serverconfig.
initial test with connection was succesful, and i get all the SMTP greetings from exchange. but authentication failed... i checked the exchange server, configured it with the default, which is TLS and External secured (ipsec) thing as per manual in mentioned by CommitCRM documentation... then, went over to CommitCRM server config again, and unticked the SMTP authentication..

VIOLA.. i got this:
Connecting to SMTP server...
< 220 office.blahblah.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:56:53 +0800
RequestDone Rq=0 Error=0
> HELO s02-blahblah-tech
< 250 office.blahblah.com Hello [192.168.3.8]
RequestDone Rq=1 Error=0
> QUIT
< 221 2.0.0 Service closing transmission channel
RequestDone Rq=6 Error=0

looks like it's all done! note the EHLO..it's no longer commit@blahblah.com!