The Email Connector Module helps you improve the quality and efficiency of your customer service.
CommitCRM Email Connector automatically generates new service Tickets in CommitCRM from incoming customer emails or MSP system automated email alerts. This feature saves time, reduces response time, and as a result increases customer satisfaction.
In addition, CommitCRM Email Connector provides you with an API to the system. This means that you can send XML formatted emails to the system and they will automatically be popped, parsed and processed.
CommitCRM Email Connector pulls incoming emails from your POP3 mail server (including Microsoft® Exchange® servers), processes the email and performs one of the following actions:
Customer Email to Ticket
The Email to Ticket feature finds the CommitCRM Account/Contact which matches the “From” email address of the incoming email, and automatically creates a new Service Ticket in CommitCRM which is linked to the relevant Account.
The Email Connector manages email threads for you. If a customer replies to your support email in regards to a specific ticket, or if you, as a technician, reply to the customer, the correspondence will be automatically filed under the ticket in the system and distributed automatically to the recipients defined for the Ticket.
API by Email
This feature allows you to receive XML formatted emails that will be automatically analyzed by CommitCRM Email Connector, which will then perform the necessary actions prescribed within them. This is an easy to use API for the entire CommitCRM system, which you can use to link to external systems, integrate with your web site so you can convert visitors into Contact records in CommitCRM, and more.
Automated Emails & MSP Integration
The Automated Email feature processes incoming emails that have been sent to the Email Address defined for the Email Connector. The emails processed are usually from automated sources, such as MSP alerting systems, and the Automated Email feature analyzes the content of the emails in order to create the relevant service tickets in CommitCRM.
The Automated Email feature allows you to easily define a set of rules that will help the system detect automated incoming emails which contain information about specific customers, and create Tickets for them.
The system can be integrated with leading MSP tools such as Level Platforms™ Managed Workplace®, N-able™ N-central™ , and many others.
From a technical perspective, CommitCRM Email Connector runs on your server as a Windows service and processes incoming emails from your mail server.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction by responding faster and not missing any incoming email from clients.
- Save Time by focusing on the issue to solve, not on manual data entry.
- Save costs by automating manual processes.
- Be Responsive by automatically providing customers with their service request number and quickly resolving issues.
- Become more efficient by automating processes.
- Creates new service Tickets automatically from incoming customer emails.
- Creates new service Tickets automatically from MSP systems email alerts.
- Matches the “From” address to an existing CommitCRM Account/Contact.
- Attaches the original email to the newly created Ticket.
- All email correspondence is logged under ticket history
- Processes XML formatted emails (API) so that you can:
Integrate CommitCRM with monitoring systems that send formatted alerts.
Capture leads on your web site and automatically convert them into new Contacts in CommitCRM.
Develop custom applications and let them add/update records in CommitCRM, like adding new Charges, History Notes, updating Task information, creating new service Tickets, and more.
- Automatically sends responses to clients and provides them with their case numbers.
- Sends responses to integrated systems.
- Pulls emails using the standard POP3 protocol (easily used with Microsoft® Exchange® server).
- Automatically forwards unrecognized emails and errors for manual review by your support team.
- Easily define a set of rules that will help the system detect automated incoming emails from different MSP systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are CommitCRM Email Connector System Requirements?
– CommitCRM software 4.3 or later
– CommitCRM Email Connector module
– Windows 2003/SBS 2003/2008/Vista Business/XP Pro/Windows7/2012
– Connection to a mail server
– POP3 mail server (including Exchange® servers with POP3 enabled)
– SMTP mail server to send responses and forward unrecognized emails
Can I use CommitCRM Email Connector if my company uses Microsoft Exchange® server?
Yes, CommitCRM Email Connector pulls emails from any POP3 compliant Email Server. MS Exchange Server supports the POP3 protocol and is therefore compatible.
How does the CommitCRM Email Connector handle spam?
Only emails with a verified source (i.e. the “From” email address matches an existing email in the CommitCRM database) will create a new Ticket in the system. All unrecognized emails will be forwarded to a selected mailbox for manual review.
You can also set up any server-side mailbox spam filter so that CommitCRM Email Connector only receives messages that have passed the spam filter.
Is it hard to set up CommitCRM Email Connector?
CommitCRM Email Connector is easy to setup, and can be up and running within minutes. All installation instructions are in the CommitCRM Email Connector Setup Guide (found here).
Can I use CommitCRM Email Connector with encrypted POP3 servers?
Yes. CommitCRM Email Connector supports both non encrypted and SSL based POP3 mail servers.
Can I try it?
Yes, CommitCRM trial includes this module for you to test and use. Follow the instructions in the CommitCRM Email Connector guide (found here) to install the module.