KB: Billing with Unsupported Billing Solutions
As you may know by now, CommitCRM currently integrates with QuickBooks© (American, UK, Canadian and Australian versions setup in US mode) by using the Commit QuickBooks Link. Other Accounting solutions such as Sage Line 50©, MYOB©, PeachTree©, Xero©, etc. can also be used to carry out invoicing duties without using QuickBooks, or the Commit QuickBooks Link.
You may be able to perform some level of integration using import & export tools (import items and customers from your accounting system and export Charges (or customers or items) from CommitCRM). We also provide an ODBC Link which allows reading the charge information from CommitCRM and API which allows you to update data in the CommitCRM database.
- By exporting your charges, you can later import the charge list into a 3rd party Accounting Solution, which will automatically add the CommitCRM charges to be invoiced according to the imported list. This method can be done once a day/week, or even a few times a day (whenever comfortable). This method can also be used to sync accounts/customers and items/items back and forth between CommitCRM and your accounting software.
- This method can also be used to sync your newer accounts and items to your Accounting solution, so that you don't need to enter your data twice. This can be done in both directions (Importing & Exporting).
- For more information regarding Importing & Exporting, please click here.
- Using ODBC is very similar to the first option; however, instead of exporting and importing the information, you can have it automatically retrieved from CommitCRM directly into your Accounting Solution, which will automatically add the CommitCRM charges to be invoiced, as long as your Billing Solution supports ODBC. The ODBC is an advanced option, and should be used if you've have had experience with getting ODBC applications to talk to each other.
- For more information regarding CommitCRM ODBC, please click here.
- Has powerful integration options which also include issuing invoices from within CommitCRM, syncing the Accounts & Items in QuickBooks to the Accounts & Items in CommitCRM. When the invoices are generated from within CommitCRM, the charge info is stored in QuickBooks, along with the rest of the invoices QuickBooks has invoiced in the past.
- For more information regarding the Commit QuickBooks Link, please click here.