RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM
pthuff

Hello,

We've recently started encountering errors anytime we attempt to update/add an appointment and/or task. We also encounter errors anytime we try to move appointments in Dispatcher. As of this morning CommitCRM will just hang anytime we attempt to even access the Calendar or Dispatcher module and we have to restart the program.

The two main errors we encounter are
"Access violation at address 014E3DEA in module "CmtVcl30.dpl'. Read of address 0000000". We encounter this when trying to move/add an appointment.

"DatEGMEventsTbl: Error 7057: The record update failed. The key value produced from this record was not unique, and an index for the current table has the UNIQUE property. The key value supplies for Events:PRIMARY is not unique."
We encounter this error when we try to delete an appointment.

This is happening across all of our PCs, it is not unique. Nothing particular changed the day that it started happening. We did roll out a bunch of Windows updates the previous weekend but CommitCRM ran fine for four days after that, so I'm not suspecting any updates.

I've already checked access permissions and nothing has changed. I don't suspect it's an access violation as everything else in CommitCRM works fine, we only encounter errors when we try to do anything related to scheduling. I've also tried restarting the server as a last ditch effort. No change.

November 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Support Team

It's hard to tell but it seems to be a file corruption of some sort. To begin with please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to email us your RangerMSP's log files for analysis. Besides, we recommend that you take a backup of the system in its current state.

November 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM
pthuff

I sent you the log files and I also performed a backup. I have a few backups over the last week in case this leads to a reinstall.

November 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Support Team

Received. Thank you. We will review them and get back to you once the analysis is complete.

November 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Support Team

From a quick first-tier analysis it seems like an index rebuild may help. Please follow the instructions sent to you by email.

November 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
pthuff

That did the trick. Thank you.

November 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Support Team

Great! Thanks for the update.