RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 2nd, 2009, 07:03 AM
chumbert

I have a company with 3 remote offices. I need to give each office access to the web interface. Each office should only be able to see tickets created for their own office. But there needs to be a user that can see the tickets for all 3 of the offices. How would I best going about setting this up? Thanks in advance

July 2nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Support Team

Interesting question. The answer is not trivial, as you may consider a few solutions.

Basically, when you have companies with remote offices, you can choose to manage them as 3 different Accounts in RangerMSP, or as a single Main Account, with 3 secondary contacts. Each method has it's own pros and cons (you can find more details in this forum thread). The main point is how you wish to bill these locations (bill only the main location, or each location separately).

As for letting them access the Customer Web portal, at the moment, each customer may have multiple Web users defined (so you will know who posted each ticket), however, all users have the same privileges and can access all the tickets under this Account.

So, if you want them to have access only to tickets which belong to a specific location, this may require managing the locations as separate Accounts. The user who should have access to all tickets, will need to login to each location with a separate user, and view the tickets per location.

In any case, you can always print summary ticket reports which will be filtered to show only specific Account tickets, or show all of these accounts together. In case you decide to use separate Accounts, you can still manage their contracts using the same contract codes, and generate reports by contracts code-range (you can find more details about this in this forum thread). This is not as accessible as the Web Interface, but may provide a solution for some of your needs.

I hope this helps.

Dina