RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 27th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP User Question*

Do I need an Exchange server for creating Tickets automatically from Emails?

--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

May 27th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Support Team

Answer

For Email to Ticket functionality you don't need Exchange server specifically, it will work fine though if you do have it, you just need a POP3 mailbox from where RangerMSP will pull the incoming emails for processing and access to an SMTP server for sending responses.

May 27th, 2014, 10:51 AM
skifast

We use Google Apps and enabled the POP/IMAP feature to allow CommitCRM to pull e-mails. It works pretty well. What works less well is syncing Calendars/contacts to Google Apps using Outlook, it becomes cumbersome and is something that will only work when users have their computer on/CommitCRM open. I've also had the link become corrupt (possibly due to the weird MAPI stuff done with Google Apps Sync under the covers with Outlook) and had to resetup Outlook for sync a few times.

If your only concern is ticket creation you will be fine though - that works pretty well. We run our RMM on our server to make sure the service stays up (I've had the service crash once or twice and while rare you don't want a delay in tickets).