RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 31st, 2008, 01:53 PM
benj180

Hi,

I am trying to setup the email connector, when I run the serverconfig.exe I receive an error message 'The procedure entry point AdsCreateSavepoint could not be loaded in the dynamic link library ACE32.dll.'

Any ideas?

Thanks

July 31st, 2008, 02:26 PM
Support Team

This looks like the ServerService wasn't restarted after performing the last upgrade, and therefore the server side files were not upgraded yet.

I would suggest to do the following:

1. Stop RangerMSPServer service if running on your server
2. Copy the following files from <server>\RangerMSP\LastVer\ to <server>\RangerMSP\Server\ (overwrite the existing files):
adslocal.cfg
Ansi.chr
ace32.dll
adsloc32.dll
axcws32.dll

3. Go to folder <server>\RangerMSP\Server
4. Double-click the file RangerMSPServer.exe. This will activate it the server, although it will not actually run the service.
5. You may now see a window saying "updating version"
6. After the window closes, try to run the ServerConfig.exe again
7. Once you have configured everything, you should start the RangerMSPServer service.

Neta

August 1st, 2008, 06:44 AM
benj180

That worked thanks

August 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
raymond

this fixed our issue as well but I am unable to find any commitserver service running on the server (the commitwebinterface service is running). What is this services and should it be there?

//ray

August 13th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Support Team

The RangerMSPServer service should be first installed from the command line. You can find the instructions for this in the email connector/alerts server users guides (see here).
Make sure you run the command line using an administrator user, which is privileged to install Windows Services.

Doron